On this Page:
K Wireless Networks
For Students, Faculty, and Staff
Use on all devices requiring basic internet access.
For Faculty, Staff, and Students
Only used if requiring privileged access to on-campus systems.
Everyone including visitors
An unsecured network available to use for guests and in troubleshooting. Simply choose KCollegeOpen from available networks on your device
Wireless access is available in the following Residence Halls:
- 114 Catherine Street
- 116 Catherine Street
- Crissey Hall
- DeWaters Hall
- Grove Houses
- Harmon Hall
- Hoben Hall
- Severn Hall
- Trowbridge Hall
Wireless access is available in the following buildings
- Admission Center
- Anderson Athletic Center Gymnasium
- Arcus Center for Social Justice Leadership
- Athletics Field buildings
- Carriage House
- Dewing Hall
- Dow Science Center
- Fitness and Wellness Center
- Hicks Center
- Hodge House
- Humphrey House
- Light Fine Arts
- Olmsted Room
- Oldfield (Facilities Management)
- Olds-Upton Hall
- Upjohn Library Commons
Wireless network service is not available in parts of the Chapel outside the Cavern, nor in parts of Mandelle outside the Olmsted room and first-floor conference room.
If you are experiencing difficulties with accessing the College Wi-Fi please follow the steps that apply to you. If you have tried the steps without success, please complete the Wi-Fi Outage Reporting Form.
- Have you recently changed your K password? If so, don’t forget to update it in the Wi-Fi configuration on your device.
- Forgot your password? Complete the KNET Password Reset Request Form.
- Are you in a residence hall? Try connecting your device using an Ethernet cord.
- Sometimes using the Settings of your device to turn Wi-Fi off and back on resolves issues.
- Remove or forget the Wi-Fi network, then reconnect. Select one of the instructions below to forget a Wi-Fi Network
- Turn off MAC randomization. MAC randomization is incompatible with the KCollegeOpen and KSecure networks, and makes troubleshooting difficult on the eduroam network.