On this Page:
Microsoft Outlook Calendar
Students, faculty, and staff have access to Microsoft Outlook via Webmail or installed on their desktop. For detailed instruction on using Outlook view Microsoft’s introduction to the desktop Outlook calendar and calendar in Webmail documentation.
For additional support contact the Help Desk at HelpDesk@kzoo.edu or 269.337.5800.
Subscribing to and Importing Calendars
Importing and subscribing are ways to add calendar items to your standard calendar program, including Microsoft Outlook, Apple ICal and Google calendar.
Importing an ICS file
Importing an ICS file provides a snapshot of the events in the calendar at the time of import. Your calendar doesn’t refresh the imported events automatically—even if the calendar’s owner makes an update.
The .ics file format is a standard Internet Calendaring and Scheduling file format compatible with many calendar programs. Opening an .ics file from your calendar will begin the process to import event into your calendar. Opening an .ics file from a web site will prompt you to choose a calendar to import into.
- ics importing help for Outlook
- ics importing help for Apple iCal
- ics importing help for Google calendar
Additional Notes on Importing
- Opening an .ics file from the web will not necessarily add the event to your calendar.
- It will work if you are using OWA from your own machine AND you have Outlook or Entourage installed and set up to use Kalamazoo College’s Exchange Server. Opening the file will prompt Outlook to open and save the appointment.
- It will not work if you are using OWA from a public computer. It will also not work if you are using OWA from a personal computer that does not have Outlook or Entourage installed and set up to use Kalamazoo College’s Exchange Server.
K College Calendar Holiday Entries
You can place Kalamazoo College holidays and “weeks of the quarters” (e.g. Fall Week 1) on your Outlook calendar (for Windows only).
- Click to open the file below
- Check the boxes for Holiday Schedule and Weekly Schedule
- Click OK
This is an Outlook holiday file. It is compatible with Outlook for Windows only. Please contact the Help Desk for more information or additional help.
Subscribing to an iCal calendar
Subscribing to an iCal calendar connects it to your calendar. Whenever the owner of the iCal makes changes, those changes automatically appear in your calendar.
Opening an .iCal file from your calendar will begin the process to create the subscription and import existing events into your calendar. Opening an .iCal file from a web site will prompt you to choose a calendar to subscribe with and import into.
- iCal subscriptions with Outlook
- iCal subscriptions with Outlook Mac
- iCal subscriptions with Apple iCal
- iCal subscriptions with Google Calendar
Subscribing to the College Master Calendar
Our College master calendar offers iCal format exporting and subscribing. The iCal Export button is found at the bottom of the event listings. Google Calendar import and iCal links are also found on each event detail page.