A shared mailbox is an email account which multiple people may access, with no shared password needed. It is possible to access this type of account from Microsoft Office Outlook and from the college’s webmail.
Microsoft Office Outlook (Windows)
- Close Outlook if it is already running.
- Go to Start, Control Panel, Mail.
- Click on “Email Accounts.”
- Select your email account and click “Change.”
- Click “More Settings.”
- Click the “Advanced” tab.
- Under “Mailboxes,” click “Add.”
- Enter the name of the shared mailbox and click “OK”
- When you re-launch Outlook the shared mailbox will appear in the “Mail Folders” pane on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Login at https://webmail.kzoo.edu/
- Click on your name in the upper right side of the page, and select “Open another mailbox…”
- Enter the name of the shared mailbox and click “Open”
Webmail – alternate method
- Enter the following URL in a web browser: https://webmail.kzoo.edu/owa/MAILBOXNAME@kzoo.edu/ (where MAILBOXNAME is the username of the mailbox).
- Login with your standard username and password when prompted.
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.